Taking the Wiccan annual calendar of festivals – the Wheel of the Year – as inspiration, this spread is for self-exploration in times of change.
Original Tarot spread by Darren Shill
The Inner Wheel is a great spread to do during the new year, or at milestones like Litha (a.k.a. Midsummer). It’s a perfect spread for bringing self-reflection during times of change.
Card 1, the Significator, is selected and placed face up before the deck is shuffled. The querent should choose a Court card that they feel affinity with as the Significator.
1. SIGNIFICATOR. Choose a Court card to represent yourself.
2. YULE. What are you ready to let go of in your life?
3. IMBOLC. Where is your energy best dedicated?
4. OSTARA. How do you find balance in your process of change?
5. BELTANE. What is the fire that drives your expansion?
6. LITHA. The turning point. Divine inspiration.
7. LAMMAS. What do you need to begin harvesting – literally or metaphorically?
8. MABON. How will your change feed back into those around you?
9. SAMHAIN. Guidance from your ancestors.*
*If you’re performing this reading on the day of Samhain, draw three cards rather than one. One for your Maternal line, one for your Paternal line and one for the Mighty Dead (those who achieved much but have now passed on).
What do you think of this spread? Let us know in the comments or find us on Instagram!